The world’s restaurants worth visiting
Dinner in a restaurant is not just a matter of food and satiety. This can be a real adventure. Some restaurants offer exquisite dishes, incredible views from the window and an amazing atmosphere – and people are ready to fly to the ends of the world, just to dine in them.
From a snowy village in Finland to a submarine restaurant in the Maldives – Bigpicchcha invites you on a virtual tour of the 40 best restaurants in the world that you should definitely visit. We pack suitcases and … enjoy your meal!
1. Al-Mahara is located in the luxurious Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai and boasts the best seafood in the city. The golden arch of the restaurant leads to the dining room, built around an amazing aquarium, so that guests can admire sharks, stingrays and other underwater inhabitants swimming past.
2. The Moscow restaurant “White Rabbit” offers not only amazing cuisine, but also amazing views from the 16th floor. This year, the restaurant ranked 23rd in the list of the best in the world.
3. Well, the first place in the list of the best restaurants in the world this year was taken by El Celler de Can Roca, which is located in the Spanish city of Girona. They are run by three Rock brothers, forming a terrific restaurant trio: chief chef, pastry chef and sommelier.
4. The institution Peter Luger has operated in New York since the end of the 19th century. Traditional steaks are served in this Brooklyn restaurant (which has one Michelin star) in an unpretentious beer pub setting. By the way, cash is still accepted here.
5. The menu of the Can Majó restaurant in Barcelona along the beach is full of fresh seafood, including the favorite Spanish paella: saffron-tinted rice with seafood and chorizo.
6. Restaurant Maní in Sao Paulo is located in a room where there used to be a private house. Here, a homely atmosphere reigns supreme, but at the same time the restaurant is considered one of the best in the world. This year he took the 41st place.
7. Tokyo sushi restaurant Sukiyabashi Jirō gained popularity after it was lit up in the documentary film “Jiro’s Dreams of Sushi”, as well as after US President Barack Obama had dinner there with the Japanese Prime Minister. Lunch at this restaurant with three Michelin stars (which, by the way, is located in the basement of an office building) lasts only 30 minutes and costs no more than $ 300. Sushi is prepared by the chef, and here they are the freshest.
8. Located on a clifftop over the Pacific Ocean, Sierra Mar Restaurant in Big Sur, California, offers breathtaking views of the ocean through huge floor-to-ceiling windows, as well as one of the best wine lists in the world.
9. Restaurant D.O.M. located in Sao Paulo and takes its ingredients from the forests of the Amazon. Here are preparing true Brazilian dishes. The restaurant took the 9th place in the list of the best in the world this year.
10. Restaurant Ithaa is considered the world’s first underwater restaurant. It is located at a depth of 4 meters on the island of Rangali, which is part of the Maldives. Guests of this unusual establishment are surrounded by coral gardens and local exotic inhabitants of the water depths.
11. The 360 Istanbul East is located on the roof of the Hilton Doubletree hotel in Istanbul. This is a restaurant, bar and club in one bottle. There is also a summer terrace and an infinity pool.
12. Blindekuh (in German “blind cow”) has two “branches” – in Zurich and Basel, both in Switzerland. The restaurant is considered the first of its kind: here guests are served in the twilight partially or completely blind waiters.
13. Restaurant Per Se is called the New York version of The French Laundry, which is located in Napa, California. He is part of the famous restaurant group of chef Thomas Keller. With three Michelin stars, this establishment uses the French cooking method, as well as a nine-course tasting menu and a nine-course vegetarian menu that changes daily.
14. Restaurant Gaggan, in Bangkok, serves innovative Indian dishes, thanks to which the restaurant took 10th place in the list of the best restaurants in the world this year.
15. In the snowy village of Lainio in Finland there is not only a snow hotel, but also a snow restaurant. Every year it is built from 20 million kilograms of snow and 350,000 kilos of ice. It serves traditional local dishes, and the inside is always maintained from –2 to –5 ° C, so it’s worth getting warm.
16. Aziamendi is located on the beautiful beaches of Natai Beach in Phuket, Thailand. It is run by the youngest Spanish chef who has received three Michelin stars, Eneco Atcha. In the menu – the fusion of Spanish, Basque and Thai cuisines.
17. Mi Casa – one of the best Spanish restaurants in Puerto Rico – is located in the Ritz Carlton Reserve resort, on the stunning Dorado Beach. In the menu – new versions of such classic dishes as asapao and lecho.
18. In the only Michelin three-star restaurant in Brooklyn called Brooklyn Fare, guests sit in chairs around the chef’s table.